ALL SUPERVISORY DUTIES OF THE OFFICE OF STATE SUPERVISION IN INSURANCE AND PENSION FUNDS HAVE BEEN CONDUCTED BY THE CNB AS OF APRIL 1, 2006.
Due to the integration of all financial market supervision entities into the Czech National Bank (CNB), the Office of State Supervision in Insurance and Pension Funds (OSSIPF) of the Ministry of Finance has ceased to exist. All supervisory duties of the OSSIPF have been conducted by the CNB as of April 1, 2006.
Employees of the OSSIPF have moved to the headquarters of the CNB, and as of Monday, April 3, 2006, are available at the
- CNB, Na Příkopě 28, Praha 1,
- switchboard tel. +420 224 411 111.
- E-mail addresses follow the format firstname.lastname@example.org .
All information regarding the supervision of insurance companies and pension funds is available at the CNB website www.cnb.cz in the Supervision, regulation section.
A toll-free line 800 160 170 is available to callers from the Czech Republic, and all correspondence can be emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Act No. 6/1993 Coll., on the Czech National Bank, the Czech National Bank is responsible for supervision of the financial market in the Czech Republic.
The CNB took over the work of the Czech Securities Commission (CSC), the Ministry of Finance’s Office for Supervision of Insurance and Supplementary Pension Insurance, and the Office for Supervision of Credit Unions, all of which ceased to exist. The CNB therefore supervises
- the banking sector
- the capital market
- the insurance
- and pension scheme industry
- and credit unions
- foreign exchange supervision
- and supervision of electronic money institutions.
The CNB lays down rules safeguarding the stability of the banking sector, the capital market, the insurance industry and the pension scheme industry. It systematically regulates, examines, assesses and, where appropriate, issues penalties for non-compliance with these rules.
The “Supervision of the pension scheme industry” subsection gives an overview of
- the pension funds operating in the Czech Republic and aggregate indicators of their performance. It also contains, for example, the supervisory authorities’ annual reports on the supervision of the pension scheme industry and
- legislation relating to this area.
Switchboard Operator - connection of all phone questions of the CNB
If you have any questions phone the toll-free
- line 800 160 170 or
- our central switchboard on +420 224 411 111.
E-mail enquiries and submissions of the CNB
E-mail enquiries and submissions can be sent to
The address for sending documents to the CNB electronic mail room is
Address of the CNB
- Czech National Bank
Na Příkopě 28