- 2001 – 2006: Faculty of Economics, University of Economics Prague – Ph.D. in Economic Policy, doctoral thesis: Optimal Government Debt Strategy in the Open Economy
- 1999 – 2001: Faculty of Economics, University of Economics Prague – MSc (equivalent), major: Economy Policy, minor: Monetary Economics and Banking, diploma thesis: Open Economy Inflation Targeting
- 1995 – 1999: Faculty of Economics, University of Economics Prague – Bachelor studies in National Economy
- 1990 – 1994: Grammar School Gymnázium F. X. Šaldy Liberec
Appointed Deputy Finance Minister on 1 October 2016
August 2010 – September 2016: Director of Debt and Financial Assets Management Department, Ministry of Finance
May 2009 – July 2010: Advisor to the Minister of Finance
March 2009 – July 2010: project manager and economic analyst, Financial Group Česká spořitelna, a.s.
October 2005 – February 2009: Head of Funding and Portolio Management, Debt and Financial Assets Management Department, Ministry of Finance
October 2003 – September 2005: Head of Debt Strategy, State Debt Management Division, Ministry of Finance
July 2001 – September 2003: market analyst, State Treasury Securities Division, State Closing Account Department
2002 to present: assistant professor, Department of Economic and Social Policy, lecturer in Macroeconomic Analysis and Government Finance Management on Global Market
|Other professional activities:
- December 2016 to present: Member of the Board, VZP Czech Republic
- May 2016 to present: Member of the Board of Directors and Board Committee on Staff Remuneration and Budget, European Investment Bank
- September 2010 to present: Representative to the Administrative Council, Council of Europe Development Bank
- June 2011 to present: Chairman of the Market Committee MTS Czech Republic
- October 2011 to present: Chairman of the Primary Dealers Committee
- September 2010 to present: Reprentative to the EFC Sub-committee on EU Sovereign Debt Markets
- July 2015 – August 2016: Representative to the EFC High Level Working Group on the Regulatory Treatment of Sovereign Exposures
- December 2014 – December 2015: project manager and government debt markets expert – Yield Curve Pricing Model for Government Securities at the Central Bank of Egypt, OGResearch, s.r.o.
- February 2010 – December 2010: Department of Budgetary Policy, University of Finance and Administration, o.p.s
- New Act on Budget Responsibility Protects Local Governments from Falling into a Debt Trap. Moderní obec, vol. 2017, no. 3 (March), pp. 16-18. ISSN: 1211-0507.
- Financial Derivatives Notation According to Maastricht Criteria after the ESA2010 Implementation with M. Titze (in Czech). Český finanční a účetní časopis (Czech Financial and Accounting Journal), 2014, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 75-90. ISSN: 1802-2200.
- Risk Management of Government Debt in the Czech Republic. In: H. J. Blommestein, L. Risbjerg (eds.), Advances in Risk Management of Government Debt. Paris: OECD, 2005, pp. 245–262. ISBN: 9789264104419.
- Macroeconomic and Financial Consequences of External Funding of the Czech Republic (in Czech). In: Growth, Stability, and Competitiveness: Problems of the Czech Economy on the Road to the EU II. Praha: Linde nakladatelství, 2004, pp. 167–192. ISBN: 80-86131-49-1.
- Dynamic Inconsistency in Economic Policy – Academic Exercise, or Real Problem? (in Czech) In: S. Šaroch, M. Žák (eds.), Czech Economy and Economic Theory. Praha: Academia, 2004, pp. 53–120. ISBN: 80-200-1129-3.
- Public Budgets, Fiscal Policy and Government Debt Management in the Czech Republic. (in Czech). In: Growth, Stability, and Competitiveness: Problems of the Czech Economy on the Road to the EU II. Praha: Linde nakladatelství, 2004, pp. 145–166. ISBN: 80-86131-49-1.
- Debt Policy – Credibility and Institutions (in Czech). Finance a úvěr – Czech Journal of Economics and Finance, vol. 53, 2003, no. 5-6, pp. 190-219. ISSN: 0015-1920.
- Fiscal Macroenomic Stabilization: a New Era? with S. Šaroch and M. Andrle (in Czech). Politická ekonomie, vol. LI, 2003, no. 3, pp. 373-390. ISSN: 0032-3233.
- Public Debt Management in the Czech Republic (in Czech). In: Growth, Stability, and Competitiveness: Problems of the Czech Economy on the Road to the EU. Praha: Linde nakladatelství, 2003, pp. 186-212. ISBN: 80-86131-35-1.