The term EU presidency is generally defined as one member country chairing the Council of the European Union. This rotates the presidency after six months, which means that in each calendar year is divided into the two countries.
EU Council Presidency
Every six months the individual member countries of the European Union rotating presidency of the EU Council (the so-called principle of rotation). This entails a number of duties, which the country must take. The Institute is based on the general principle of impartiality. Recently he has constitute a guarantee that member countries will hold the presidency for the benefit of the entire Union. Naplnit this objective it will help other EU institutions, which cooperates.
Features Presidency of the Council of the EU can be divided into four basic categories:
- Administration and management work of the Council,
- Identification of policy priorities,
- Council representation.
Each presiding country at the beginning of his term of office submit to the Council and the European Parliament the main objectives of the programme, the so-called priorities, in which it intends to achieve during his presidency. These objectives are usually based on the current situation and the problems the EU faces in a given period.
EU Council (Council of the European Union)
Council of the European Union is the formal name of the authority consisting of representatives of all Member States at ministerial level. By the year 2002 was known as the Council of Ministers.
At the meeting, the Council may be represented by Secretary of State ministers, respectively. Deputy Minister and Ambassador of the Permanent Representation to the EU in Brussels or his representative. The vote may also minister from one country represented by the Minister of one other country. The President is the Minister and the position is not fungible. The Council is participating in the EC, which may participate in the debate, but not vote.
The main headquarters of the EU Council is the formal negotiations located in Brussels. Some meetings should be held also in Luxembourg. Informal negotiations (for example, the informal meeting of the Council for Economic and Financial Affairs - ECOFIN) underway in the territory of the Member State.
The powers and duties of the Council
- The Council is the legislative authority in all three pillars of EU legislative process is exercised, depending on the procedure, together with the EP (see Article I-8)
- The Council shall coordinate the broad economic policies of the Member States.
- The Council concluded on behalf of the EU and the EC international treaties with other countries or international organizations.
- The Council shares the EP's budgetary powers and adopts the EU budget.
- The Council shall take the decisions necessary for the definition and implementation of the CFSP, on the basis of general guidelines laid down ER.
- The Council coordinates the activities of the Member States and adopts measures in the field of justice and home affairs (JHA).
Formally, there is a Council. Each member country is represented in the Council at ministerial level. Given the different agendas that are heard, shall meet at 9 formations:
- The Council for General Affairs and External Relations Council (GAERC), which is composed of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, eventually of Ministers for European Affairs. It meets each month. Does the role of the EU executive body in the Common Foreign and Security Policy.
- The Council for Economic and Financial Affairs (ECOFIN), which is composed of the Ministers of Finance and Economy of individual European Union member states.
- The Council for Justice and Home Affairs (JHA)
- The Council for Employment, Social Policy, Health and Consumer Affairs
- The Council on Competitiveness
- The Council for Transport, Telecommunications and Energy
- The Council of Agriculture and Fisheries (AGRIFIN)
- The Council on the Environment
- Publikováno Doporučeno 57 Účtenkovka má své první výherce
- Publikováno Doporučeno 48 Ministerstvo financí zveřejňuje závěry ze Zprávy OLAF k Čapímu hnízdu
- Publikováno Doporučeno 40 Daňový kalendář
- Publikováno Doporučeno 31 Zprávy MF - číslo 2/2017
- Publikováno Doporučeno 30 Základní informace
- Publikováno Přečteno 89754 Daňový kalendář
- Publikováno Přečteno 85292 Bankovní účty finančních úřadů
- Publikováno Přečteno 77612 Vyhláška č. 401/2017 Sb.
- Publikováno Přečteno 65084 Měsíční pokladní plnění státního rozpočtu v roce 2017
- Publikováno Přečteno 56621 Avízo: informační systém ARES